Do you rush from one task to the next without feeling like you’ve accomplished much by the end of the day? Taking control of how you spend your time could make you more productive and reduce your stress.
You can start by evaluating where you are now and identifying simple changes that will keep you one step ahead. Check each statement that currently applies to you.
Check out the topics you didn’t check. See if any of them are things you need to work on. We know that you want to be organized and spin around in circles. This check list just might be a help in getting you there.
Planning and Organizing:
- I clarify my priorities.
- I set challenging and realistic goals.
- I keep a to-do list of tasks and projects.
- I evaluate my progress regularly.
- I take refreshing breaks during work.
- I track my time. I can accurately estimate how long it takes me to do most things.
- I batch similar tasks together, so I can complete them more efficiently.
- I design my workspace for maximum productivity. I keep files and objects I use frequently within reach. I minimize clutter.
Dealing with Distractions:
- I turn off my phone during meals, serious conversations, and similar situations.
- I let my family and coworkers know when I need do-not-disturb time.
- I work on one task at a time.
- I close unnecessary browser tabs.
- I check phone and email messages at designated times.
- I strengthen my powers of concentration through meditation and other exercises.
- I break up projects into small and manageable steps.
- I tell others about my goals to increase my sense of accountability.
- I create interim deadlines and rewards for long-term projects.
- I quit trying to be perfect. I value learning from experience. I can laugh at myself when I do something foolish.
- I motivate myself to get started by imagining how I’ll feel when I complete the tasks that I have been putting off.
We’ve been working on time management issues for years. If you’re interested in having a conversation with us about this, let us know and we’ll set a time to talk. It’s easy just click on the button below, choose who you want to speak with and start on your journey to being more effective and efficient in what you do.
Related Blog Post